You have Questions. We have answers.
Ask A Question
HOW IT WORKS
You define an issue/question for which you'd like an objective third-party analysis. Simply fill out the form below and attach any relavenat documents related to the issue. Typically, within 24 hours we will send you our analysis of your issue/question with supporting lease language.
At Grant & Lewis we understand the importance of privacy and strategic information. Our terms of service agreement includes a Confidentiality clause ensuring your information is not shared with anyone without your expliict written approval.
IMPORTANT DISCLOSURE: We are not attorneys and we are not providing legal advice. Our opinions are derived from our experience as lease administratiors and are to be used for informational purposes only. If you are seeking legal advice, please contact an attorney qualified to do business in your state.
Ask A Question
- Which tenants have a co-tenancy clause with [Tenant X] and if violated, what rights will those tenants have?
- Is [Tenant X] required to pay for fire protection systems for the building and are they included in common area expenses?
- I am painting my shopping center. How is the expense treated and which tenants pay for painting costs?
- One of my tenants is operating after hours. Are they obligated to pay for the additional costs of extended operations?
- I want to install a satellite dish on the roof of my space. Does my lease allow me to install a dish and what are the requirements?
- Someone has repeatedly climbed onto the roof of my building and stolen copper tubing from the HVAC system. The landlord sent me an invoice for my share of the cost. Do I have to pay it?
- I am planning on not renewing my lease. I want to take some of the door handles and other items with me when I leave. What items can I take?
From Accountants or Attorneys:
- Is a cumulative or annual CAP better?
- Are building expenses typically treated as a common area expense?
- What type of expenses are amortizable as capital expenditures and others are reimbursable as common area expenses and how do I make that determination?